The 1st Major Event Safety and Security Conference hosted in the State of Qatar and organized by the Security Committee within the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy and Interpol, aims at addressing safety and security measures and procedures for major sporting events. It will contribute to the policing and security arrangements for the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ in Qatar and will leave a lasting legacy for the world’s law enforcement community. The conference will bring together a number of countries hosting major international sporting events to reflect best practices, successes and lessons learned, enhancing the preparations of countries that plan to organize such events in the future by providing them with the latest knowledge and expertise.
The conference will enable the world countries to have direct access to a global network of sports safety and security experts and draw on this expertise to enrich their own security preparations for the hosting of a major event.
The 1st Major Event Safety and Security Conference will focus on:
Discussion of the Current Threat Environment and Implications for Major Events
- Global threat environment and implications for future major events,
- Planning implications for recent and upcoming major event host nations.
Geopolitics and Impacts on Sporting Events
- Relevant international case studies to share experiences managing geopolitical issues and planning/delivery of major sporting events.
Models of Risk Based Policing for Major Sporting Events
- Risk based planning approaches for policing and securing major sporting events.
Responding to the Evolving Threat Environment
- Focus on responses to changing threat environment with case studies from relevant countries.
Event Critical Infrastructure Resilience
- Case studies from relevant countries focusing on major event critical infrastructure resilience against terrorist attacks.
All 190 INTERPOL member countries are invited to attend this Conference. Invitations are also being extended to guest speakers, international organizations and other entities having an interest or active role in major sporting event safety and security.